Friday, 4 July 2014

Day At Dublin Zoo


My best friend is a volunteer at her community youth club and they organised a trip for all the children to go to Dublin zoo for the day. There was a few extra seats on the bus and they were looking for some extra helpers because there was so many children to look after, so when she asked me if I wanted to go, being the animal lover I am, of course I said yes. 
Now, I've never been to any other zoo before apart from Belfast, so I was excited to see what another zoo would be like. I'd just like to say now that I don't totally agree with zoo's, I know that the majority of zookeepers take good care of the animals, but sometimes the animals just look so sad to be there and act strangely, especially with lots of children running around, screaming and banging the glass at the animals, that really grinds my gears. Anyway, rant over, I'll get on with talking about my day!

It was an extremely long journey, taking us three hours to get there, so by the time we got to the zoo we were ready to eat our picnics that we brought with us, then we headed around the zoo. It took us three hours to get home again and after a long journey at the start of the day, walking around all day and looking after hyper children, I was glad to get on that bus to head home. 
Thankfully, the majority of the children were just as tired as the adults were, so I was able to pop in my earphones and listen to Ed Sheeran's new album (X) on repeat until I got home. All in all I had a great day, luckily it wasn't raining, we didn't lose any of the children or have them fall in with any of the animals and I didn't get any blisters from my pumps, success!


























Have you had any day trips recently? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

6 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! You've gained a new follower :)

    www.astyleshake.blogspot.co.uk

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Ive not been to a zoo ever! x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures ♥ The animals are so cute ^-^ I love the gorilla and :o lol at the cow's expression x

    Kay ♡ imladiiekay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Hahaha, the cow's expression made me laugh as well! :)

      Delete