Honeypie Minerals








Recently, I was sent a few goodies from all natural brand, Honeypie Minerals. Honeypie Minerals is a brand that I've only recently heard of, however due to their promotion of all natural mineral make-up, it is a brand that appeals to me greatly as a lover of natural ingredients and mineral make-up. They are also cruelty-free, vegan-friendly and not tested on animals, again this appeals greatly to me as huge animal lover.

I was sent a pot of their foundation in the shade "Fair", a pot of their blusher in "Coral", a sample size of their foundation in "Light", a sample size of their yellow corrector and a sample size of their eyeshadow in "Smokey Black".




First up, I tried the foundation and it was love at first swirl. I love a natural, light foundation for summer and tend to lean towards heavier coverage foundations when the weather gets colder. The foundation blends so seamlessly and has a surprisingly high coverage for such a light texture. All I did was apply my usual concealer (Collection Lasting Perfection in Fair) to cover any blemishes I had that day and use the bareMinerals Flawless Face brush to apply it. Even when the colder weather does appear, let's face it, it won't be long now, I'll still be able to use this on good skin days or as a high coverage powder over liquid foundation. Also, props to them for making a mineral foundation that is actually suitable for porcelain skin. 
I didn't actually use the sample size of the foundation in "Light" as "Fair" was the perfect colour match for me, however I did pass this sample onto my exceptionally fussy mother who only wears mineral foundation and she has given it the thumbs up!



After this, it was time for me to conceal my dark circles as I'm pretty sure I stayed up the night before watching Breaking Bad and one episode led to another, you know how these things go! I applied the concealer just under my eyes and I used my fingers as I found this gave the best, natural result without creasing or crumbling.




After concealing blemishes, dark circles and applying the foundation, I gave the apples of cheeks and my cheekbones a dusting with the blusher using a Real Techniques blush brush. Again, I was surprised by how pigmented the formula was and I did end up applying a little more than I was supposed to (whoops). However, again the formula is so light I was able to blend it away with a clean blush no problem. I actually really like this blusher as it comes out more red coral as opposed to orange coral on my pale skin, think like Snow White. I've been looking for a blusher that will give this sort of look for a while now, so my search is finally over.



I actually never wear black eyeshadow as an eyeshadow as I think it looks too heavy for my face, however I do sometimes use it as an alternative to liquid eyeliner. So, I used the eyeshadow on a Real Techniques fine liner brush and just applied this finely to my upper and lower lash line. It opened up my eyes instantly as I feel kind of bald without eyeliner on and there was very little fallout from the shadow itself. Also, it didn't irritate my eyes because of the natural ingredient, unlike some eyeshadows do.






All in all, I would recommend Honeypie Minerals to a friend, particularly the foundation and the blusher. I'm actually contemplating adding all of the blusher shades to my basket after I write this post, hmmm. At £11.99* for the foundation, £5.99* for the blusher and only 49p* for the sample sizes, you can't go wrong!

What do you think of Honeypie Minerals? Do they sound like a brand you would be interested in? Let me know in the comments!

Available from:

Sara

CONVERSATION

16 comments:

  1. I love this look! You look gorgeous.

    I def have to browse around and check out this website.

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gorgeous, this looks lovely.

    I am hosting a POLAROID CAMERA GIVEAWAY on my blog if you would like to join :)

    www.kindoflovely.com || AUS Fashion/Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brand sounds really amazing and I would definitely like to try it out especially if you say you liked it. I'm just quite sure that they don't ship to Austria which is a problem with a lot of great brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice! They do international delivery for £4! :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely post! You're so pretty :)

    waterprooflashes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally a blog I enjoy reading! :)

    I’m following you on Blog Lovin, please follow me back :)

    Fleur x

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! You are so pretty!

    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin? Let me know :)
    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. They come in such cute little bags, plus that blusher looks lovely! http://redhairedgirlincheltenham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminded me of old school sweet shop bags! :)

      Delete
  8. You're soo beautiful , these sound like great products x

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top