Sunday, 3 August 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - Light Porcelain




I'm sure the majority of people have seen, heard of and most likely tried this foundation before. However, previously the palest shade from the Wake Me Up range was 'Ivory', which wasn't actually ivory, more orange on fairer skin tones like myself, so it was passed on to my Mum and it suited her skin tone much better than mine. Then, browsing through the Superdrug website one day, my beady eyes spied that there was a paler shade called 'Light Porcelain', it made it's way straight to my basket and it's been love ever since.
Just like the other shades, it's packaged in the same way. One of my favourite things about Rimmel foundations are that the majority of them come in a pump bottle, which means no mess and it's easy to control how much product you want so there's no waste. 
The foundation itself is a dream, I normally use one pump with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, blend it out and it looks so minimal and natural, it doesn't even feel as if I have foundation on my face. The foundation is actually medium to high coverage, so you could build it up if you wanted a higher coverage. 
I normally go for matte finish foundations as I have combination skin, but during summer I do love a good, radiant, dewy base, so this is the perfect one for me. At first I was a little worried because it does look a little glittery in the bottle, but that doesn't transfer onto the skin at all. It has quite impressive staying power as well, with a good primer you could make this last for the majority of the day. 
The only thing I would say against it is that it contains SPF 15, so if you're planning to take photos just be aware of the flashback, however personally that doesn't bother me because I always look white in photos anyway!
I really can't fault this foundation, it ticks all the boxes for me and at £8.99 I can't really complain. However, the only thing is the availability, I can't seem to find this shade in Boots and I can't seem to find the Wake Me Up concealer in 'Light Porcelain' to match. Anyone got any ideas?

What do you think of the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation? Have you tried it? Let me know the comments!


Available from:

Sara


14 comments:

  1. I love this foundation so much, it's my all time favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to give you my opinion but drugstore foundations never have my shade (I've got indian skin). I'm happy that you've got a good foundation though.
    anjnaharish-thoughtsofagirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to find porcelain shades as well!

      Delete
  3. That's really strange it's so unavailable in the shops, maybe they've literally just released the shade or it's crazy popular? I will definitely be having a look for the shade myself, I tried wake me up before and the shade I got was a bit too dark for my pasty skin xx

    ☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may have been just released, but I couldn't find it anywhere local to me!

      Delete
  4. Unless you go to one of those big Boots such as the one in Westfield, you would rarely find more than five shades of each foundation they sell, which is rather disappointing. I've tried Rimmel's Wake Me Up and it gave me a really dewy finish, which I didn't like but I guess others would. Nice review!

    Alaina x
    www.alainatbf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually a lover of a more matte finish, but I like Wake Me Up for Summer time! :)

      Delete
  5. Nice post.Really like it! :)You look very beautiful too
    Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing! I need to try it :)

    New post on my blog and it'll mean the world to me if you check it out. I always follow back :)
    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete