Friday, 29 August 2014

Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask



You've probably heard a lot about this face mask in the blogging world recently, there has been a lot of hype around it with fans including Lily Pebbles, Vivianna Does Makeup and Amelia Liana, which made me even more determined to try it out. 
On a recent browse through Boots, I was determined to find the full size version of this, but then I saw the sachet size, which I didn't even know existed and I thought I'd be better off trying it first. If you've read a few of my blog posts this month you'll know that my skin has been on a weird temper tantrum, so I was excited to try this out because it had such good reviews. So that night I popped this face mask on, made myself a (very) large cup of tea and watched some Breaking Bad.
Upon application, it was love. I love using self-heating masks, even if it's doing absolutely nothing to my skin, it feels as if it's doing something because of the warmth on my skin. Does that make sense? I found this mask to warm a lot very quickly, so if you don't like self-heating masks then this probably won't be for you, but it gets two thumbs up from me.
Not only is the application lovely, but it actually does what it's supposed to. I found my skin to be much less congested, clearer and blemishes were reduced. My skin even appeared a little brighter in the morning. 
My skin is a lot better now, almost healed up completely and I think it's been a combination of this and The Body Shop's Tea Tree Cool & Creamy Wash (review here) that has helped it come back to normality. All I did was cleanse my skin using the Cool & Creamy Wash, applied this for around 5 minutes and then removed it with warm water and a muslin cloth.
I've used the entire sachet now, however I did get around 5 generous uses out of it, so that's pretty good value for money considering it was only £3, perfect if you want to try it without committing to the full size just yet. But be warned, you'll be buying the full size in no time.

What do you think of the Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask? Have you tried it? Let me know in the comments!

Available from:
Boots

Sara

22 comments:

  1. I haven't even actually head of this, but it sounds amazing! I do like self heating masks so I think I would love it :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it unclogged your skin! I might check it out because I love masks so much. I actually just reviewed one over on my blog! :)

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's great you can just get a sample size to start with! Glad it worked out for you. I'm gonna start experimenting with face masks and shiz as my skin is also in a tantrum!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh that's good that it's more than one use in the sachet - I was thinking of picking it up so now I definitely will! Great review x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to give this a try.
    Thanks for sharing.


    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea this was available in a sachet, i'll definitely have to get my hands on one and give it a whirl!
    Great post!

    Amy X
    www.atouchofpastels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, the sachet is a great tester! :)

      Delete
  7. Now I wanna try it! haha

    I am following you on bloglovin, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything burts bees

    www.sheandart.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Burts Bees products as well! :)

      Delete