Everyday Uni Make-Up




As you may or may not know, I started my second year of uni on Monday. I decided to travel this year as it's not too far away from home, but that does mean that I have to get up at 5:30 most days to get the train. So, this calls for minimal, natural make-up which will get me through the day, saying as I won't be home until 8 o'clock most nights as well. 

Base


To make sure that my make-up lasts all day, I use the Benefit Porefessional primer as it's the best for making my make-up stay locked in place. 
I use two concealers, I use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer for any blemishes or redness I have, then the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer under my eyes to combat dark circles and helps me look more awake. 
A foundation that I'm trying out at the minute is a new release from Rimmel, the Lasting Finish Nude foundation and so far I'm absolutely loving it, it gives a nice medium coverage which is perfect for everyday use. 
theBalm Frat Boy blush is one that I use all year round, I love using is it as it gives me a nice flush of colour without being too harsh or noticeable against my pale skin. 
The Bourjois Java Rice Powder is one that I usually use in Spring/Summer, but I've been loving using it at the minute to help me look more awake and brings a nice 'lit from within' look to compliment the foundation.

Benefit Porefessional Primer
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - Ivory
Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation - Light Porcelain
theBalm Frat Boy Blush
Bourjois Java Rice Powder

Eyes & Eyebrows



I usually just grab whatever black eyeliner is closest to me in the mornings, but I've been loving the Lord & Berry Couture Kohl Kajal eyeliner as it's so creamy and smooth, which means I don't have to drag it around the upper and lower lashline, meaning my eyes won't get red and irritated.
Whenever I need a natural eye option, I always turn to my little Naked Basics palette, usually to the shade Naked 2 all over the lid and Venus in the inner corners if I have the time.
My mascara of choice recently has been the Rimmel Wonder'Full mascara as it's great for everyday use and it comes off no problem at the end of the day. It also doesn't make my lashes too long, so they don't push up against my glasses whenever I need to use them. 
For my eyebrows, I'm pretty low maintenance, I like to fill in any sparse parts of my eyebrows using the waxy pencil side of the Soap & Glory Brow Archery, then use the brush part to add a little more definition.
I also use my ring finger to apply a little bit of the Mary Lou highlighter into the inner corner of my eyes as it helps me to look more awake than I am and brings more light to my face.

Lord & Berry Couture Kohl Kajal Eyeliner
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette
Rimmel Wonder'Full Mascara
Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Pencil - Love Is Blonde
theBalm Mary Lou Highlighter

Lips


As well as my eyes, I like to keep my lips fairly natural. It's not very often that you'll see me walking around campus with a bright red or berry lip, especially if I'm in all day, I just don't want the hassle of worrying about it being on my teeth or having to top it up. 
So, I like to use the Burt's Bees Coconut & Pear lip balm to keep my lips hydrated, especially since the colder weather is creeping in. 
Then, I usually use a nice, everyday pink lipstick or lipgloss, at the minute I've been loving using the Tanya Burr lipgloss in Afternoon Tea as it takes no time at all the apply and you can't go wrong with those formulas. 

Burt's Bees Coconut & Pear Lip Balm
Tanya Burr Lipgloss - Afternoon Tea

So, what do you think of my everyday uni make-up picks? Do you have any staple items in your make-up routine? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

CONVERSATION

24 comments:

  1. That is my fave combo of concealers as well! I really want the naked basics, but I want the naked 2 basics now as well! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Naked Basics for my everyday makeup. It provides me with everything I need on a morning with minimal effort which is a must! It sounds dreadful that you have to get up at 5:30am though, good luck with it!

    Emily - 0FFTOTHERACES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic, definitely the most under-rated Naked palette! Haha, thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Good Luck for your second year at uni!
    You look wonderful and the Naked palettes are definitely the best for everyday looks <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :) I can't resist the urge to get the Naked Basics 2! :)

      Delete
  4. Good look with your second year of uni. Never tried a naked platted will defiantly have to check them out one day.

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks gorgeous!

    Also I nominated you for the one lovely blog award because your blog is so amazing! Click here for how to accept your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog post.... enjoyed reading :)

    you have a lovely blog here


    hope to see you other on my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/


    have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wanna try out the naked basics palette so much, the colours are perfect!

    love katy @ THE RAWRDROBE ♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try that mascara!

    Getting up at 5:30 everyday sounds awful.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really long day! I love the packaging for that blush!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready for bed by 9 o'clock, haha! It's gorgeous isn't it!? :)

      Delete
  10. Loving the makeup Look!

    Serene

    xoxox

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top