Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Skincare Currently On Trial



Recently I've been having a bit of a skincare shake-up as we've been edging our way into Autumn. Not only do I love changing my clothes and make-up as the weather starts to change, but my skincare routine changes as well because it changes and reacts differently to the weather. 

Eau Thermale Avenè Cleanance K Cream-Gel


I really love French skincare, particularly from brands such as La Roche-Posay, Nuxe and many others as it always gives me good results. However, I've never tried anything from Eau Thermale Avenè and my Mum said that she has tried a few of their products and they were really good, so I thought I'd tried this out! It claims to reduce spots, blackheads and blemishes whilst having a peeling effect on the surface of the skin because of the AHAs and BHAs. 
The first impression I had of this is that it does not smell pleasant, it kind of smells like vinegar. Secondly, it stings like hell, which means I jump about like a maniac whenever I apply this, but it does claim that "Light tingling may be experienced while using Cleanance K. This is temporary and means the product is working.", so we'll just have to wait and see.

Elemis FreshSkin Skin Clear Overnight Serum


Elemis is brand I actually haven't tried much from because a lot of their skincare is aimed towards anti-aging and I'm not ready for that quite yet. However, they do have a range called 'FreshSkin' which is aimed towards late teenagers and young adults. The range contains a lot of different products, from cleansers to moisturisers and even an eye cream that I'm interested in, so it's definitely one to check out. 
The serum seemed the most appealing to me though and upon first use I was instantly impressed. Not only does it smell amazing, quite like grapefruit, but it causes no discomfort or stinging. Also, it glides onto the skin like silk, so you don't have to tug your skin causing any irritation and my skin looked brighter and fresh the morning after. Definitely one I'm excited to keep using and reviewing later on.



A lot of people, including myself will be unfamiliar with this brand, yet may have walked past it every time they've went to Tesco. This is because this is Tesco's own brand skincare range, which looks quite like the Soap & Glory packaging, that's what caught my eye in the first place. They have loads of different products from skincare to body care and it's so much fun browsing through everything to brighten up a dull grocery shop. 
Anyway, I liked the sound of this moisturiser, as it claims to look as if 'a moon beam has kissed your face'. A pretty weird claim if you ask me, but we'll roll with it. I did find that I had to shake it before use as it was quite runny and thin for a moisturiser, although I did find that it sinks it very quickly and doesn't look greasy. However, it does make an absolutely fantastic moisturiser/primer duo as it leaves a lovely subtle shimmer, so I only use it as my morning moisturiser.

Do you have any skincare products currently on trial? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

12 comments:

  1. Nice post! :)

    waterprooflashes.blogspot.co.uk
    youtube.com/ellie1989

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh will be keen to find out how you went with these - I do wonder about the Tesco home brand! The Avene sounds odd with the tingling too, but may be worth it if it's good! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stings so much, but hopefully it'll be worth it, haha! :)

      Delete
  3. Great post! I am curious about these products now. The moisturiser sounds great.

    www.writingmonique.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh everything sounds lovely!!! I'm trying a few Vichy items and some Body Shop products too! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that radiance body lotion sounds lovely! I've never heard of the brand before x x

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try out some more of their products! :)

      Delete
  6. I Love the along came betty range!
    the packaging looks so gorgeous! xx

    LunaLue

    ReplyDelete