Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Essie Professional Routine Mini Kit








Last week there was no NOTW | Manicure Monday post because I finally got my hands on the dinky little Essie Professional Routine Mini Nail Kit and wanted to put it to the test. I was pretty sure that this used to be sold in Boots, but whenever I went in store or looked online they didn't have any. However, just by good luck I found this set for £7.99 in TK Maxx, but then whenever I looked online, I saw that Fragrance Direct sold them for an incredible £5.99!
The set contains a 5ml bottle of First Base Base Coat, a 5ml bottle of Mademoiselle and a 5ml bottle of Good To Go Top Coat. All of the nail polishes apply like a dream, with no streakiness at all. Plus, both the base coat and the top coat dry fairly quickly so it reduces the time taken to do manicures, which is always a bonus. However, when I was applying Mademoiselle, it did take around 3 thick coats to make it fully opaque, but this could just be down to it being a very pale shade. 
After wearing the kit for a little more than a week, there was a few chips, but nothing that you would notice unless you were really staring at my nails. I can definitely see myself buying the base coat and the top coat in the future as I really was impressed by them, they both left my nails feeling so strong and shiny. The Mademoiselle nail polish is definitely a pretty shade once it's fully opaque, it would be so ideal if you weren't allowed to wear nail polish to school, work etc. or if you like really subtle shades! Plus, at only £5.99 down from £14.99, you can't really go wrong!

What do you think of the Essie Professional Routine Mini Nail Kit? Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments!

Available from:

Sara

40 comments:

  1. They look great! pretty :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely! Perfect for a manicure night

    shabna x x
    visit my blog? -> http://scheine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what a fab little kit... What a bargain too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks sooo professional!! Lovely colours! XX
    www.blondierockss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing blog post


    you have a great blog here :)

    would love to see you over on my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/


    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a lovely set - pretty pictures too!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  7. This set looks so nice. I like it. I nominated you for One lovely blog award. Hope you have time to do it.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Essie Polishes, as they are long lasting and don't chip easily! I really want to get my hands on a Mini Kit!

    Serene xoxo

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie polishes really are stunning! :)

      Delete
  9. ooh love this kit!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. my rayban giveaway ends soon! click here if you like

    ReplyDelete
  10. This little kit sounds perfect!! I'm hoping to try it :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great set, looks really lovely on too! I've nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award so have a look at my blog for the details xx

    http://howsophseesit.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post!♥ Love this kit!:)

    Hugs, Brittany // Polka and Dots

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this kit, your nails look perfect! x

    I've got a mac lipstick giveaway on my blog if you want to take a look :)

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but they're far from it! Haha. :)

      Delete
  14. hey love your blog and i would deffos buy that after reading this post! was wondering if you would like to f4f, just let me know over on my blog heleenakhela.blogspot.co.uk xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. got to love Essie :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Mademoiselle, perfect for a professional and elegant look.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect when I don't know what to wear! :)

      Delete
  17. Love the color Mademoiselle! It's elegant and classy!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete