Wednesday, 1 October 2014

September Favourites


I don't know about you, but September seems to have flown in, probably because I started back to uni last week and I've been so busy, but I've already noticed the chill in the air and it's starting to get dark a lot quicker, Autumn has arrived!


Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo
Dove Oxygen Moisture Conditioner
Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray

So, for the past month my mother and myself have referred to this Dove trio and the holy trinity of haircare, we both love it. I'm always looking for products to give my fine, flat hair a bit of volume and oompft without lacking in the moisture department and these do exactly what they claim. They are an absolute dream to use, the shampoo lathers nicely and the conditioner glides through my hair like silk, plus they both have a lovely clean scent. The spray is something I can see myself purchasing over and over again, a non-sticky formula with the same clean scent as the shampoo and conditioner, yet it gives my hair so much lift without weighing it down or looking greasy, I'm smitten.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation - Light Porcelain

I only bought this a few weeks ago, but from first use it was love and a definite winner for a monthly favourite. It blends flawlessly and has a good medium to high coverage, yet you can use less/more depending on the coverage you want. I haven't used any other foundations since buying this because it stays put all day for me whenever I have a long day at uni. I wake up at 5:30 and get ready, then whenever I go to take my make-up off at night, usually around 9 o'clock, you wouldn't think I would have been wearing it for that length of time.

Elemis Skin Clear Overnight Serum

I've already featured this on my blog as a Skincare On Trial post and as you've probably guessed, it's made the cut and I plan to do a full review of this soon. First things first, it's the only skin clearing treatment that hasn't dried my skin out and made it worse. It's really gentle, yet really effective. I didn't notice any difference in my skin until about two weeks into using this, but it was definitely worth the wait, my skin has improved so much since cutting out a lot of unnecessary products and swapping them with this, I may even do a skincare routine post soon!


Primark Bambi Slipper Socks

You know Autumn has officially arrived whenever Primark start bringing in their fluffy pyjamas and slippers. I just can't say no to Primark's Disney stuff!

New Look Bobble Hat

This is also the time of year whenever I start stocking up on bobble hats, I love the ones that New Look always bring out and I've worn this at every possible opportunity this month!

Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations

Autumn is also the time of year when I can't wait to get home, get ready for bed and get a massive cup of tea and a bar of chocolate. I used to eat the Marvellous Creations bars all the time until I sickened myself with them, but whenever I saw that Tesco's were doing the big bars for 2 for £3.50 I just couldn't resist!

What do you think of my September Favourites? Do you have any favourites? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

10 comments:

  1. Ohh I was debating whether to try that hair range from Dove but it sounds perfect for me - my hair is fine and flat as well so need all the help I can get! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, I noticed the difference immediately! :)

      Delete
  2. Those Bambi slippers are adorable. I recently just got some Bambi pyjama pants, I'm such a kid. I'd love to try that hair range from Dove!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat cute, cosy Disney stuff! :)

      Delete
  3. The slippers and the hat look like the coziest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love those slippers !!! So cosy :)

    Serene

    xoxox

    http://imserenel.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you use the Dove Root Lift Spray on wet or dry hair?

    ReplyDelete