Friday, 3 April 2015

Latest In Beauty | The Capital Beauty Box





Up until lately, I'd never bought a beauty box before. Mainly because there wasn't enough products that appealed to me in the box. Then, one day I stumbled across this little box of beauty on the internet.
The Capital Beauty Box by Latest In Beauty contains 9 products from some major brands such as Stila, Rimmel and Pixi. The best part? It was only £14.95. Actually, I only paid £13.50 for mine because I used the discount code "HELLO10" as it was my first order.

So, let's talk about what's inside:


Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette - Nude
Collection Lengthening Mascara
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner - Black Amethyst

The main reason why I bought this beauty box was because of the eye products. Considering one Stila eye liner is about £13, the box is seriously good value. Plus, I don' have anything like this shade in my eye liner collection, so it could be interesting.
I haven't tried much from Collection apart from the Lasting Perfection concealer. However, these little palettes seem to be seriously popular within the beauty industry right now because Amelia Liana has compared them to the Naked Basics palettes, so I'm excited to give them a go!
I've also heard good things about the quality of Collection mascaras. Besides, a girl can't have too many mascaras.


Pixi Lip Blush - Energy
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - Rhubarb

I've tried the Pixi lip balms and I loved them, so I'm excited to try their lip blush as the shade I got was a lovely peachy coral colour.
Burt's Bees lip balms are among some of my favourites. This seems just like their lip balms, just with a bit more colour payoff and the tiniest pieces of shimmer running through it.


Rimmel 60 Seconds Super Shine Nail Polish By Rita Ora - Glaston-Berry
Nail Buffer

As a girl who is absolutely obsessed with nail polish, I can never have too many. Plus, I love the quality of the Rita Ora nail polishes!
I'm not really a big nail buffer person, but I'm going to put this one in my handbag for those little nail related emergencies.


Jimmy Choo Flash Fragrance
STYLONDON Jewellery Inspired Temporary Tattoos

The only Jimmy Choo fragrance that I'd smelt before was the self-titled "Jimmy Choo by Jimmy Choo" perfume and it didn't appeal to me that much. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I smelt this. It's a lot less heavy and more sweet, perfect for Spring!
A love a good tattoo and after seeing these I kind of wish metallic gold tattoos were a real thing. Even if they do remind me of the rub-on tattoos you used to get in cereal and Pot Noodles. Anyone else remember them?

All in all, a great little box of goodies. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of the eye and lip products already and of course I will do full reviews when I've given everything a proper trial run. The only thing I would say is that shades may vary, as I got a different shade of things from what was advertised on the website, however I'm happy with the shades that I did get.

What do you think of The Capital Beauty Box? Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments!

Available from:


Sara

16 comments:

  1. Whooooaaaaa....

    I just started my first subscription box with Birchbox. i have yet to receive it, but this one looks aaaaaamazing! I was always skeptical too!

    Thanks for sharing!

    xo,

    Sophie | www.thesophasaurus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just bought the look fantastic box too haha, love the idea of this box though! i love Pixi products at the minute it seems like it's all im buying x

    Jen,
    Jennifer's Journal x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try more from Pixi as well, especially the glow tonic! :)

      Delete
  3. I need to get more into these beauty boxes they always have really good products, I love that stila eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first one and I'm really impressed! :)

      Delete
  4. I've never bought a beauty box, but this looks like a really good one! Some great bargains in here!

    Alex
    efflorescentdream.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the money in my opinion! :)

      Delete
  5. This looks like an amazing box! Flash is one of my favourite perfumes, I absoutlely love it :)

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really lovely and it does look like you got some good shades :) xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really great box - such good value! I'm a huge fan of beauty boxes but I didn't pick this one up - wish I had now though! x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I'm so impressed with it! :)

      Delete
  8. Such great products with an affordable price love it

    Kisses

    http://cheerfullittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete