May Favourites







Hands up who's shocked that it's June already!? I can't believe that we're halfway through the year, it seems like no time at all since I was packing away Christmas decorations and taking my last sips of seasonal hot chocolate. It's supposed to be Spring (nearly Summer), yet as I'm typing this there's a storm outside my window. Typical weather for Northern Ireland!
It's also been a while since I've done a monthly favourites post, I think March was my last one, so here's a few bits and pieces that I've been loving that I can't wait to share with you. 

Laura Geller Balance n' Brighten Foundation (Porcelain) & Laura Geller Retractable Powder Brush

Shoutout to my Mum for introducing me to Laura Geller products! She's an avid QVC watcher and bought this is the shade Fair. After seeing how incredible it looked on my Mum, I 'borrowed' some of it and fell in love! Although Fair was slightly too dark for me, I settled for Porcelain. It's so quick, easy to use, lightweight and not at all cakey, yet it still manages to provides a lovely, natural coverage which can be built up if necessary. 

REN ClearCalm 3 Replenishing Gel Cream

I don't usually invest in a more expensive moisturiser as I try to get the most from my serums. However, when I saw this ClearCalm range from REN, promising care for sensitive skin whilst managing breakouts, I was too interested to not try it out and I was so glad I did. It does exactly what it says on the tube, it looks after my sensitive skin, yet manages to keep breakouts at bay. It also doesn't dry out my skin either, like a lot of anti-blemish products do, which is always a good sign that it's actually good for your skin in the long term. 

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

I'm sure you've probably seen this on every beauty blog under the sun in the past while, it's such a talked about product as it seems to be a bit of 'love it or hate it' product. Saying as it's in my favourites, obviously I love it! I love how it manages to get right to the root of the lash, which provides my lashes with incredible length and curl! I still can't decide if I love Roller Lash or They're Real more though, so I use them both together for a completely dramatic, flutterly, Bambi like eyelash look.

GOSH Velvet Touch Lipliner - Nougat Crisp

If you would have asked me last year what I thought of lipliners, I wouldn't have been too interested. However, I'm obsessed at the minute! I saw Lily Melrose raving about these GOSH lipliners on her blog and thought I would give Nougat Crisp a go and I was blown away with the quality, despite the teeny tiny price tag! They're so creamy and apply like a dream, long-lasting and sit comfortably on the lips. I just wish there was more shades!

Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette - Nude

I got this little palette in the Latest In Beauty - Capital Beauty Box a while a go and it's been the only palette I've been reaching for this month. All six shimmery shades are gorgeous, blendable and the longevity isn't too bad either. In fact, Amelia Liana compared it to the quality of Urban Decay eyeshadows. Surprisingly, it's a great palette if you're travelling as well as the shades allow you to take your look from day to night so easily. I was a little bit worried about the cardboard packaging, but the magnet kept it from being opened and smashed which I was a happy chappy about, because there's nothing worse than smashed eyeshadow. There's also a Nude Bronze and Nude Grey version, which I can see myself picking up in the future. 

Some other favourites:

Primark Rose Gold Rings

These little rings (as seen above) are actually a size small in midi rings, but they fit me as normal size rings perfectly, which goes to show how small and child-like my hands are. They were actually in a pack of 8 I think, but I don't really wear the other ones. I just love how dainty they look together and I've been wearing them as this little trio all month.

The Vampire Diaries - Series 6

When I was at uni, I had no time to watch any of the programmes that I wanted to and there's a lot, trust me. Since finishing for Summer, I've gradually been catching up on Game Of Thrones, Supernatural, New Girl and The Vampire Diaries. However, The Vampire Diaries have been my absolute favourite so far, even though I'm only three quarters of the way through. If you've watched it, you'll know what I mean. SO GOOD.

Canon EOS 700D DSLR Camera

I recently (like 2 months ago) got a new camera as my old bridge camera just wasn't quite cutting it with the quality I wanted anymore. Since updating to the Canon 700D, my life has been so much more simple, it is an incredible camera and I've really been enjoying familiarising myself with it this past couple of months. If you're looking to invest in a DSLR, I really recommend this one.

Mumford & Sons - Wilder Mind

Music wise this month, I've been absolutely obsessed with the new Mumford & Sons album. I've been a fan of them for the longest time and although Wilder Mind is ever so slightly different to Sigh No More and Babel, it's still been all I've listened to this month. I really recommend giving Believe, Cold Arms, Hot Gates and Only Love a listen if you're wanting to get the best feel for the album.

What do you think of my May favourites? Did you have any favourites this month? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

CONVERSATION

20 comments:

  1. I've been hearing amazing things about the Laura Geller products, I want to try either the blushes or highlighters :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blushes are next on my wish list, they look incredible! :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome products :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Nude Collection palette - such great everyday shades :) I want to try more from REN too xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so pretty!? REN is such a good brand! :)

      Delete
  4. The lip liner looks so gorgeous, I've been really obsessed with lip liners lately too :) also I've heard great things about these little Collection palettes, I definitely need to check them out!
    You have a great blog, new follower. xx

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend the GOSH lip liners, they're great! Thank you Alexandra! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow those rings are so adorable!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with those rings! Though I have really small fingers and hardly fit any rings which is really annoying haha. x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're actually midi rings and they fit me like normal rings, haha! :)

      Delete
  7. I have the collection palette also, and really like it! So affordable too!

    Alisha x
    www.beautywithalisha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great considering the price!? :)

      Delete
  8. I'm a huge fan of Ren and I was going to actually try out the CalmClear 3 Replenishing Gel Cream! Good to hear you like it :) Great post xoxo

    http://justjessicalee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still not sure if I should try the Roller Lash (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a love it or hate it product, but the majority of people love it I think! :)

      Delete
  10. I loved roller lash, too! Ahhhh so tempted by Ren - it's just a lil pricey! My major favourite this month is the Body Shop Vit C moisturiser - so so good!

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fantastic!? REN is a little pricey, but it's so worth it! I've heard so much about it, I'll have to check it out! :)

      Delete

Back
to top