Spring To Summer Make-Up







Saying as June usually marks the start of Summer, but it's not quite warm enough to break out the sun cream just yet, I thought I would share my Spring to Summer transitional make-up. Bring on the dewy skin and bright lips!

Face 




For my base, I like to keep it light and breathable, yet with enough coverage for any blemishes and dark circles that are going on. After my skincare routine, I'll start with the Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer to help smooth out my complexion and prolong the wear of my make-up. For concealer, I went back to an old favourite of mine, the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint (Fair). This concealer is one of my favourite concealers out there and better than some more expensive ones I've tried. It's designed for under the eyes, but I also use it for covering blemishes and redness. During Spring and Summer, I try to stay away from heavy foundations as much as possible, so I reach for my Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour CC Cream (Ivory). For a CC cream, it has a surprisingly high coverage, yet feels weightless on the skin. I like to use my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge as it gives a flawless, even coverage. For cheeks, I've been loving using cream blushers as they give a much fresher look to my skin. At the minute I've been obsessed with using Topshop Blush in Head Over Heels, a gorgeous bright coral shade which instantly brings live to my paler than pale complexion. I'll also go in with a little bit of The Body Shop - Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (01) as it's the only bronzer I've used that gives me a little colour without looking too muddy. To make sure everything stays in place, I use the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder (Vanille) as it helps to lock my make-up in and keep oiliness at bay, which is essential for when it gets warmer.  

Eyes & Lips





For eyes and lips, I like to keep things focused on my eyes and be fairly simple with my lips. During Spring and Summer, I don't go overboard with glitter eyeshadows and too many colours because they disappear throughout the day more quickly. I find that cream eyeshadows are the best option, so something like the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Creamy Beige is perfect as it adds a subtle amount of colour. For eyeliner, I like to use the Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Nude around my waterline to make my eyes pop and correct any redness. For liquid eyeliner, I use the Bourjois Liner Pinceau Eyeliner (Ultra Black) to create my signature flick that I rarely leave the house without. For my eyelashes, I like to keep them fluttery and clump free, so a coat or two of Benefit Roller Lash Mascara is absolutely ideal. For eyebrows, I don't suit the overdrawn, dark brows as they over-power my face, so I use Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Pencil (Love Is Blonde) to fill in the front of my brows, brush them through and I'm done, no caterpillar brows for me. For lips, I've been loving the Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Rose, a beautiful true pink rose shade. They have the texture and feel of a lip balm, yet have the colour payoff of a lipstick, I need more shades!

What do you think of my Spring to Summer make-up? Do you have any key Spring to Summer products? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

CONVERSATION

28 comments:

  1. Are you me? I've been loving the Revlon lipstick in Rose and Bourjois CC cream. The Creamy Beige Colour Tattoo, Brow Archery and Healthy balance powder are all everyday staples for me too :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, we just have good taste I guess! ;)

      Delete
  2. Really like the lip colour! It looks like such a perfect colour for summer as the one is not too dark :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/summer-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eye makeup is literally perfect. I really want to try the Colour Tattoos, I've been meaning to pick on up for ages now!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! You should, they're incredible! :)

      Delete
  4. The eyeliner looks so pretty on you, I love the Soap and Glory brow pencils as well!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hanh! I'd be lost without mine! :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a pretty look! That lip shade really suits you :) x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous makeup, you look lovely! :)

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this look!
    I would love to stay in touch with you, so if you want to follow each other on google (GFC) and bloglovin, please let me know! x
    Beataba.blogspot.com ❃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beata! Followed on Bloglovin'! :)

      Delete
  8. This makeup is exactly me, with different products. Love it!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look! I also love your make up bag (: http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that primer and lipstick, great post!

    MadeFromBeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top