Friday, 7 August 2015

Interview Make-Up



As some of you may or may not know, during 2015/2016 I have to undertake a placement year for part of my course at university, which means I had attended a lot of interviews around the beginning of the year. I actually found out I got my placement in June, but I started this week and I couldn't be happier with how it's going so far.
Anyway, whenever I was preparing for my interviews, I tried to be as organised as possible to reduce any anxiety and stress as much as possible, so this included having my make-up organised and ready to use the night before. 
I knew in my head what way I wanted my make-up to be, a base that would cover any blemishes and dullness without being heavy, a soft subtle eye and a neutral lip.

Face



For my base, I knew I would need to start with a good primer, so I reached for the Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer to help smooth and even out my skin to prepare for the rest of my base. 
Next I reached for the Vichy Dermablend Corrective Stick Foundation (Opal), but used it as a concealer for any blemishes and redness that was lingering around as this is seriously high coverage, yet not heavy. For under my eyes I used the trusty Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (Ivory) to help brighten up my eye area and make me look more awake. 
For foundation, I used a small amount of the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation (Porcelain) as I didn't need a lot of coverage after using the Vichy concealer, but I still wanted to even out my skin tone a little bit. 
To add a little colour to my ghostly complexion, I used my favourite blush, theBalm FratBoy Blush and The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (01). To add a subtle glow to my skin, I used theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Luminizer as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones to give a more radiant look. 
To lock everything in place and make sure shine stays away, I used the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder (Vanille) as it's not cakey or heavy looking on the skin.

Eyes



Eye make-up has always been my favourite part of doing my make-up, so it's no exception even for a more mature look. 
For eyeshadow, I used the shades 'Stark' and 'Frisk' from the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette. I used 'Stark' all over the lid and then used 'Frisk' in the outer corners and blended it inwards. I also used theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Luminizer again in the inner corners of my eyes and on my brow bone to make myself look more awake than I actually felt. 
Another trick I used to look more awake was to use the Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude on my upper and lower lash lines as it covers any redness around the eyes, but without having to use a black or brown eyeliner. 
Some may find it strange to use liquid liner for a more soft, subtle eye make-up look, but winged liner is my staple look and comfort blanket in the make-up world and I feel more confident with it on as it really opens up my eyes, so I used the Bourjois Liner Pinceau (Ultra Black) as it glides on to my eyes with such ease. 
I finished off my eye make-up by curling my eyelashes and adding a coat of the Benefit They're Real! Mascara as is really defines and separates the lashes, whilst adding some serious length without being clumpy.
I'm so over the over-drawn eyebrow look, it just doesn't suit me at all. I simply use the Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint & Pencil (Love Is Blonde) to fill in my brows and brush them through to keep them in place.

Lips



Recently I've been really loving lip liners and that's something I thought I would never say. I adore the formulation of the GOSH Velvet Touch Lipliner in Nougat Crisp, which is actually a good dupe for MAC - Whirl. I apply this all over my lips to help with the longevity of my lipstick of choice. 
This leads me on to discuss MAC - Patisserie, which is my ultra 'my lips but better' shade as it's described as a sheer, creamy neutral pink and gives an ever so subtle hint of gloss to my lips as it's one of the Lustre formulas.

What do you think of my interview make-up? Would you wear it? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

14 comments:

  1. That Gosh lip pencil shade is so pretty!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of products.. I love Frat Boy, it's such a beautiful shade of blush for the summer! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FratBoy is my all time favourite blush! :)

      Delete
  3. I love my Naked Basics 2 palette. It is perfect for everyday (or now, interview!!) looks. Stark is my absolute favorite as an all-over lid base or as a blending color. I've never been a fan of the overdrawn brow. I love filling in my brows, but I want them to look natural!! Your interview makeup looks great!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Naked Basics palettes more than the larger palettes! :)

      Delete
  4. The urban decay naked basics 2 palette looks gorgeous x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it all the time, it's so simple! :)

      Delete
  5. I adore that body shop bronzer - I use it literally every time I put makeup on. I feel you about needing to not be so ghostly, haha! I love it because it doesn't turn you from ghostly to bruised on the face like some darker bronzers can on light skin.

    Emily | One Stormy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matte eyes and nude lips are a great call for a professional look :) I love brow archery for a natural look too xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I was going for Jasmine! :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous products! I still need to try that Vichy foundation - it sounds amazing! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great, I prefer to use the stick version as a concealer though! :)

      Delete