Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Nicka K Eyeshadow Base - Pearl*





Today is officially the first day of Autumn, which has left me feeling extremely excited for cosy nights in, loads of blankets, Disney movies, hot chocolate, crunchy leaves, Halloween, my birthday, boots, jumpers, scarves, bobble hats, golden eyes and berry lips and nails.

So, as I start to bring out all my gold, glittery eyeshadows, I need a good eyeshadow primer to help keep them in place all day long. This brings me on to discuss the Nicka K Eyeshadow Base. I have the shade 'Pearl', which as you would imagine is a creamy, off white shade which gives the tiniest touch of iridescence. There is also two other shades, 'White' and 'Nude'. 

For ages I used the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion until I used it all up a couple of months ago. I never bothered replacing it because it was too expensive for all I used it for on my tiny student budget. However, I've been using the Nicka K Eyeshadow Base for more than a month now and I would say it's a perfect dupe.

The primer glides onto my eyes with silk-like ease and causes no irritation whatsoever, which I've found with some other eyeshadow primers. However, most importantly it extends the wear of my eyeshadow and prevents it from creasing. Also, due to the neutral base, it brightens my eyes, clings to the pigmentation of the eyeshadow and gives the true shade the eyeshadow is supposed to be.

I apply it just like an other eyeshadow primer, by simply dabbing my ring finger into the pot and patting it gently all over my eyelid before applying my eyeshadow of choice.

I'd really recommend trying out the Nicka K Eyeshadow Base if you're looking for a new eyeshadow primer or as an alternative to some of the more expensive eyeshadow primers out there, because at just £4.95 on the Beauty Crowd website, you can't really go wrong. Plus, how could you resist the pretty rose gold lid and glass jar!?

What do you think of eyeshadow primers? Would you try the Nicka K Eyeshadow Base? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

15 comments:

  1. This looks like such a great eyeshadow primer

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!! And your first paragraph hahha I totally just did the same thing in my last post! Your so cute though!! And thanks for the eyeshadow recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops my blog is www.lavitabella7.com if you want to check it out! (:

      Delete
  3. nice review ! IIgot a blusher from this brand that i really like ( check my blog for the review) so makes me more confident to try this brand again!

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check the blushers out then! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm really excited for Autumn, too! This primer sounds awesome, especially at that price.

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for Autumn to be in full swing! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this post, I wanted an alternative to UD, as it's too expensive for my budget too! I heard it's cheaper if you get it in the travel size though. Excited for fall as well!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely just as good as the UD one, it'll probably last longer as well since it's in a pot! :)

      Delete
  6. Great review! Always looking for a good and affordable base, the UD one is way to expensive for me:)
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Ama, this is an incredible alternative! :)

      Delete