Wednesday, 30 September 2015

September Favourites



You know the drill, another month means another monthly favourites! Here's what I've been loving in September...

MAC Lipstick - Please Me

At the end of August, my boyfriend (Ricky) and myself decided to go on a Trip To Dublin for the weekend. While we were there, we went to Dublin Zoo, got loads of food and went on a little shopping trip. When I went into the MAC store, I knew I couldn't leave empty-handed, so I stood at the lipstick stand for ages until it was a choice between Please Me or Creme Cup. Ricky preferred Please Me and bought me it so that it would be a little reminder every time I wore it. Anyway, I really do love this lipstick and not just because of the story behind it. It's a matte finish, which is my absolute favourite and is described as a 'muted rosy toned pink' shade. In fact, it's hardly left my lips since I got it!

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara

I bought this ages ago because it was 3 For 2 in Boots or Superdrug and I just picked it up to try it because I remembered hearing good reviews about it whenever it was released. I used it for a few days whenever I first got it, but it seemed like just an average mascara. However, whenever I was organising my make-up collection, I came across it and started using it again and for some reason I fell in love with it. It gives my lashes so much length and definition, there's no clumps and it separates them perfectly. I don't know why I didn't give it more of a chance in the first place!

Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Palette - Rich Gold

The reason why I've been loving this palette so much is because it was the last thing I bought before I began my spending ban this month. Apart from that though, it really is a gorgeous little palette. I did a full review about it here if you want more details, but all you really need to know is that it's quite simply a six shade shimmer eyeshadow palette, ranging from a cream shade to a dark brown shade and it's absolutely gorgeous. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this during Autumn!

Laura Geller Baked Blush N' Brighten - Pink Grapefruit

I got this blush in the Laura Geller Baked With Love lip and cheek kit a while ago and I've been drawn to it ever since, so much so that it's what I've been reaching for it on a daily basis because it's just so lovely. It does look slightly darker in the packaging, but on application it's a gorgeous light pink shade with can be worn all year round. Plus, there's a touch of iridescence with it, so it brings so much life to my face on those dull skin days! 

Yves Saint Laurent - Black Opium Eau De Parfum

With the launch of Black Opium Eau De Toilette earlier this month, it reminded me that I had the Eau De Parfum version somewhere in my perfume stash that I got last Christmas. To be honest, up until now I didn't get a lot of use out of this perfume because I kept it strictly as a night time fragrance. However, ever since I rediscovered it, I've been wearing it throughout the day and I've had so many people say how lovely it is, so it doesn't matter to me when or where I wear it now. It has notes of black coffee, white florals and vanilla, so it's definitely something different!


Some other favourites...

Grey Wool Mix Textured Coat

One thing I love about the colder weather starting to creep in is bringing out all my Autumn and Winter clothes. However, every year I make a point of buying a new coat. I actually found one pretty early this year as I normally don't see anything I like until mid to late October, but I fell head over heels in love with this one from New Look. It's so cosy and can be paired with anything, I can't wait until it gets even colder so that I can layer it with chunky scarves. You can see it in one of my Weekly Snapshots.

Looking For Alaska

Since I've started to get the train again, I've had a lot more time for reading. It seemed like I was stuck on Looking For Alaska for the longest time because I never got the chance to finish it. I did find it a little difficult to get into, but once the story got rolling I was hooked. I didn't like it as much as some of John Green's other books, but I'd still definitely recommend giving it a read if you like his material.

American Horror Story

American Horror Story was something I always meant to watch but never had the time to. So, whenever Ricky and myself were trying to decide on a TV series to watch that we'd both enjoy, it was at the top of the list. In fact, I love it more than I thought I would, it's just so gripping and it's written incredibly well. I love how every series is different, first there was Murder House, then Asylum, then Coven and Freak Show. So far, Asylum has been my favourite, although I can't wait for Hotel to start in October!

My Cousin's Wedding

In case you didn't know, I was a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding at the start of September and I absolutely loved it. It was such a perfect day and everything went to plan. The weather even managed to stay nice for the photographs! I don't have that many pictures because I was so busy all day, but I did share a few of them on one of my Weekly Snapshots.

What do you think of my September favourites? Do you have any favourites this month? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

10 comments:

  1. I've never tried that MAC shade before but it looks really pretty!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, i just read your about. Your in IMD, i do IDX! How weird!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! How are you finding IXD so far?

      Delete
  3. Great favourites hun! I love Black Opium so much, it's one of my favourite scents.

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's such a pretty, easy to wear shade!

      Delete
  5. I recently really fell in love with Pixi and they're products, but I haven't tried any of their eyeshadows yet!


    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete