Friday, 23 October 2015

GOSH Velvet Touch Lipliners









The first time I heard about the GOSH Velvet Touch Lipliners was on llymlrs at the end of last year/start of this year and I've slowly been building up a collection of them ever since then. So, I thought it was about time I did a review saying as I've featured them in a few of my previous blog posts, such as my Birthday Make-Up, Interview Make-Up and May Favourites.

First of all, they are named really appropriately, as they do actually glide onto the lips like velvet. I don't have to drag them around my lips to get any product payoff as they're just so pigmented, especially the brighter shades as you can see from the swatches above. Plus, they're so comfortable to wear, I don't even feel them on my lips the way I would with some other lipliners.

The shades I have (from left to right) are called Angel Kiss, Nougat Crisp, Antique Rose, Simply Red and Raspberry Dream. 
The first shade I purchased was Nougat Crisp (the second swatch) and you can see how much I've used it compared to the rest. I would describe this shade as being a true nude, which is actually a perfect dupe for MAC - Velvet Teddy. 
A while later, I then bought Antique Rose (the third swatch) which is exactly the same shade as my natural lips, so I think I'll get the most out of this shade in the future. I would still describe it as a nude shade, just more pink toned. 
I then bought Simply Red (the fourth swatch), a true blue-based red (which helps teeth appear more white) and Raspberry Dream (the fifth swatch), a dark berry toned red which is perfect for this time of year. 
I then bought Angel Kiss (the first swatch), but unfortunately I don't use this one that much because it's a peachy tone nude and it looks too light against my already pale skin, which makes me look quite washed out.

Along with great pigmentation and comfort comes great staying power. I can wear these lipliners all day and all night and they don't budge, even through an extremely messy night out they simply do not budge. I even had to use two cotton pads on micellar water to take them off!

If I was to rank them in order of my favourites (one being my favourite and five being my least favourite), I would day it would be Antique Rose, Nougat Crisp, Simply Red, Raspberry Dream and Angel Kiss. There's a few other shades that I still haven't picked up because they haven't been in stock in my local Superdrug, but there's no doubt that I'll be picking them up whenever I see them.

I would seriously recommend checking out these lipliners if you're a lip product addict or have trouble finding a lipliner that stays put. Plus, at only £4.49, they're as cheap as chips.

Available from:


What do you think of the GOSH Velvet Touch Lipliners? Would you buy them? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

70 comments:

  1. I love the look of these! I don't know why I never check the Gosh stand whenever I'm at the drugstore.. I really need to get my hands on some of these lip liners though :)

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth checking out!

      Delete
  2. I've been using lipliner a lot lately, I love MAC but it's obviously a bit pricy! These look really good, I need to try them out! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that these ones are just as good as some of the MAC ones I own!

      Delete
  3. I've heard good things about these lip liners

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about these and Gosh as a brand but I've not tried them yet. I love lip liners and these look great!
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth checking out!

      Delete
  5. Antique Rose and Nougat Crisp look just my sort of shades - I need to try more from Gosh :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the post so much! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angel Kiss actually looks perfect for me, just what I've been looking for! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just love lip liners lately and they all look amazing. need to try them.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Antique Rose, i may have to pay Superdrug a visit. Gosh is such a great brand too, really underrated. You have a lovely blog :) x

    ohhelloamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These lipliners sound great, I've never heard of them before but I'm going to pick some up when I'm next in Superdrug!

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. These shades are amazing, I love the 'antique rose' one! Great post. Xx
    The Style Icon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been eyeing these up, I think I may have to try them for myself.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to give these liners a try, as they're so affordable! I have a couple of their Velvet Touch Eye Liners and I love them, so I bet these lip liners are just as nice xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in love with these shades! So pretty. My favorite is probably Nougat Crisp, super cute x

    lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look incredible! I love the look of Raspberry Dream for Autumn and I've wanted Macs velvet teddy for so long so if Nougat Crisp is a good dupe I will have to try it:) Thanks for the recommendations x
    Our Blog//FloralsAndCoralsx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reaching for Raspberry Dream a lot this month!

      Delete
  16. I've never really given Gosh the time of day, but I think I may have to start now!


    http://www.thedaisyfield.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try more from them as well!

      Delete
  17. Great post! this is super fun to read, thanks for sharing:) you have a lovely blog. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh these look fabulous! I think a lip liner is essential for a bold lipstick and it looks like there are so many shades here, one to suit most colours! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  19. i've never heard of these but the shades look really nice, might have to check them out!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adding these to my 'Need to Buy' list. They look and sound amazing! I always forget about Gosh when I'm in the drugstore but they really do have some great products! I'll be checking these out for sure! Thanks! Xx

    http://www.rosycheeks.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend checking them out!

      Delete
  21. These sound great and I would use all of these shades! I love a lipliner that genuinely feels really velvety and slides on. Nothing worse than tugging one ound your lips!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nougat Crisp and Antique Rose are such nice shades, I really want to try Gosh out, I usually stick with Mac but these colours look amazing! x

    Albana Janjeva | Stylist | albanajanjeva.com | #ShoesFirst with Marie Claire

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the look of Nougat Crisp I might have to try that shade!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great review! I have tried their normal range of lip pencils, and loved them. So these look as thought they will be just as good!

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - Kendall Jenner Inspired Make-up Look

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't seen these lip liners in my country yet but if I do I'll definitely be checking them out. Nice review btw!

    Joyce | Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  26. The lip pencils are gorgeous and the price is a definite winner. Xx

    eLLa
    every LiTTLE thing07

    ReplyDelete
  27. great review :)

    all those pencils look so pretty .

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi!!! I loved this post!!
    Congratulations!! :)
    http://thepearlstyle.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, these lip liners look absolutely incredible & I am all heart eyed emojis right now. I may need some of these, but I've never seen this brand here in the states. I'll give it a go! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth a try Adaleta!

      Delete