Friday, 18 December 2015

Christmas Nails



With the countdown to Christmas well and truly on (only one week to go, yay!), I've started to have a rummage around my nail polish collection to see what festive nail polish combinations I can conjure up. Just to note, be prepared for a lot of red and glitter...









First up is two of my favourite nail polish purchases of the year, Barry M - Sparkling Ruby
and Barry M - Sparkling Amethyst. They're from the Gelly range, which is my personal favourite because of the smooth, opaque formulation that glides onto my nails with ease. I hope they bring out more of these some time soon, I just love them. Although, apparently these little glitter babies are limited edition for the festive season, so if you like the look of them, be sure to grab some quick! I've done a full review of these here if you want more information.




Next up are two little mini-sized nail polishes that I got in a magazine last year are Orly - Monroe's Red and Orly - Hair Band. Monroe's Red is a bright red shimmer and Hair Band is gold glitter. They are both gorgeous separately, but together they make the ultimate Christmas combo.




One shade I picked up a while ago was Barry M - Fuschia Generation, as I heard Fleur De Force talk about it in one of her monthly favourites videos. I love this because although it's described as fuschia, it's a lot more red than it is pink, so it makes a great alternative if you're not into full on red shades. I paired this with Barry M - Atlantis, a gorgeous glitter nail polish that contains small and large particles of glitter in pink, purple, blue and silver. 




For a more subtle, understated nail polish look I would choose Nails Inc - Porchester Square, which is my favourite nude nail polish of all time. For a little more razzle dazzle, I would pair it with L'Oreal - Confetti, a black and white matte glitter top coat which just gives it a little more of a glitzy feel.




Last but certainly not least is Models Own - Red Lustre and Rimmel - Ruby Crush. The combination of a bright, pillar box red paired with a traditional red and silver glitter just screams Christmas. You could get away with just wearing Rimmel - Ruby Crush, but I prefer to use a red nail polish underneath just to make sure that my nails are completely painted and don't have any gaps because of the glitter.

What do you think of my Christmas nail options? Do you have any go-to looks? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

18 comments:

  1. I thought that the nude and black and white glitters nail look was GENUIS!! Ive simply never thought of pairing the two <3 Fantastic job!

    BCfactor Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. the nails inc and L'oreal confetti one is my favvvv!!
    -Morgan x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are so gorgeous, Barry M's Sparkling Amethyst has to be my favorite out of all of these :)

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh love it! Especially the nude combination with the black and white confetti, super cute. I really like your blog! Maybe we can support eachother on Bloglovin? Only if you like my blog ofcourse :) I already followed you!
    Lots of love,
    http://www.project-nw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Barry M Gelly polishes are absolutely beautiful! I'm definitely going to have to pick them up before Christmas! :) xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours, just perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all looks amazing and merry! Have a happy Holidays!

    <3: Jasmin N | Little Things With Jassy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colours are just gorgeous!!! Hope you had a lovely Christmas hun! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love detailed nail art and those colors are so pretty for Christmastime, we love those little sprinkles of color on them!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete