Wednesday, 2 March 2016

2015 Make-Up Favourites/Staples


One thing I've been putting a lot of thought into recently is what my favourite products of 2015 were. Throughout last year, I had a huge make-up clear out and organisation, which made it more visible to me what my standout make-up staples have become. 
I also achieved a spending ban on make-up, which made it more exciting when I did get new make-up for Christmas and buy new make-up during my Trip To Edinburgh
Doing both of these things has made me release that I don't always have to rush to Boots or Superdrug for the latest mascara or lipstick launch, but to properly research key make-up pieces and invest in pieces that will serve me well. 


I got the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette for one of my birthday presents in October and I used it pretty much every day for the rest of the year. In fact, it's still currently the palette I"m reaching for the most. I just love how soft and pigmented Urban Decay eyeshadows are, they apply like a dream and are so easy to blend. My favourite and most used shades from the palette are High, Dirtysweet, Radar, Whiskey and Combust.

I picked up MAC Lipstick - Please Me during a Trip To Dublin and out of all the MAC lipsticks I own, this one is still my absolute favourite. It's a pinky nude shade, which is the perfect for my porcelain skin because it's not too pale so it doesn't wash me out. The matte but creamy formula allows the lipstick to glide onto my lips with ease, yet it also has incredible staying power with and without a lipliner and doesn't dry out my lips or cling to any dry patches.

Despite mixed reviews from a lot of people, the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara was actually a very big hit with me, I love it! It knows how to how a long-lash, fluttery curl, so much so that whenever I use it, it nearly touches the bottom of my eyebrows. The super black, long lasting formula also means that it doesn't flake or smudge all day, so it's perfect to go from day to night.


The L'Oreal Infallible Primer has been the only primer I've reached for since I started using it, so I've gone through roughly 3 tubes of this, which is testament enough. It reminds me a lot of a clear version of the Benefit Porefessional Primer, which is just a bit too heavy for my sensitive skin. I can apply this at 7 o'clock in the morning and my make-up is still in place when I come home at six o'clock. 

One thing that everyone seemed to agree on during 2015 was how great the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation - Porcelain is. Again, I've gone through around 2 or three tubes of this, as it gives the most flawless full coverage base without being too heavy. It's my go to foundation if I want to ensure my make-up looks seamless. Also, thumbs up to L'Oreal for actually making porcelain shades light enough for fair skin, I'm looking at you Bourjois!

The gorgeous NARS Dual-Intensity Blush - Fervor is another present I got for my birthday and has been placed firmly and lovingly in my make-up bag ever since. In fact, it's the first NARS product I've ever owned which makes me love it even more. The shade on the left is a shimmering soft pink and the shade on the right is a sparkling deep coppery rose. They apply and blend like a dream and can be used dry and wet, yet I tend to just use them dry as it's more subtle. 

I never tried anything from Laura Geller before until my Mum told me about the Laura Geller Baked Balance N' Brighten Foundation - Porcelain, which I tried and immediately fell in love with. I use this as my every day foundation as it applies in minutes and during the weekend if I'm not wearing the Infallible Matte Foundation - Porcelain. It has a surprisingly medium to high coverage for a powder foundation, yet it doesn't look cakey once it's applied, I would describe it as having a satin-matte finish. I did a full review here if you want more details.

What do you think of my 2015 make-up favourites/staples? Did you have any favourites from 2015? Or are you using anything now that you think will become a staple in your make-up bag? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

6 comments:

  1. Roller Lash is such an amazing mascara! I really want to try Please Me now :) xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! You should, it's gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. I'm obsessed with my Naked Smokey palette and that Nars blusher looks so pretty x

    owlsinthesummer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really have a specific make-up item, I tend to binge on the side of Korean skincare products myself, but I do so love my MAC Mineralised Powder xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try any Korean skincare products, I think I'll have to soon!

      Delete