Summer Beauty Essentials



Even though it doesn't seem like it as it's currently raining outside, Summer is here. So, I thought I would compile a few of my favourite beauty essentials that I purchase without fail every year. I also have a few new purchases that I've been loving as well.

Body Bits


The St. Tropez Instant Tan (Light/Medium) has been my go to instant tan for a few years now and I use it throughout all the seasons, not just during Summer. It applies with ease, with no streaks or patches and settles down to a natural looking tan. It's also water resistant, so it won't wash away in the rain which is perfect for this kind of weather we've been having.

The Dove DermaSpa Summer Revived Body Lotion (Fair To Medium)* is a product I've spoken about many times on my blog before and with good reason. It's essentially a gradual tanner, however it leaves my skin feeling so soft and streak free. I usually apply this straight after I shower as it sinks right in, then when I wake up in the morning I have a natural looking glow. 

Again, the Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser (Cocoa Radiant) is a product I've raved about ever since spray moisturisers became a hit on the highstreet. It's perfect for lazy girls as you simply spray it on, it sinks straight into the skin and you can get dressed without that sticky moisturiser feeling. It's also really cooling and refreshing, which is great when the weather is slightly muggy.

Before any moisturising or tanning procedures can take place, I have to ensure that my body is smooth, soft and hair free by using the Wilkinson Sword Quattro For Women Raspberry Rain Razors*. I've always been a big fan of the Wilkinson Sword razors as they catch every hair, however the most important thing for me is that they don't irritate my super sensitive skin, as the two strips are infused with Aloe, which ensures there's no rashes or bumps afterwards. I have one of these in my shower, my gym bag and I have one ready to go in my travel bag, as the cap means it's more hygienic and the blades stay clean. They also smell pretty great too!

Skin & Hair Bits


One product I love using before applying my make-up is the La Roche-Posay Serozinc Spray, as it helps to soothe my sensitive skin, whilst helping my skin to look mattified and shine free all day. It's also good to spray on no make-up days as it's so refreshing and cooling. 


I've went through so many sea salt sprays over the past few years, but one I keep coming back to it the Bleach London Swamp Spritz. I love this spray because it actually adds texture and definition to my fine, flat hair and doesn't leave that crunchy feeling that many other sea salt sprays do. The nozzle has an on, off, spray and stream function, however I prefer the spray setting as it gives just the right amount of product.  

Make-Up Bits



During the warmer Summer months, I personally don't like to use too much make-up as I don't like the feeling of my skin being masked. I'm all about a natural base, a slight bronze, natural eyes and sheer lips.



One of my favourite purchases recently have been the Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Quench Lip Rescue Trio, as they provide a sheer wash of colour without being too sticky or moving around my lips. They're super moisturising and have a lovely minty scent which isn't too overpowering. The shades in the trio are Nude (sheer nude/pink), Rose (sheer pink/brown) and Berry (sheer red/brown) and although I love them all, the Nude shade is my most worn.


I usually find it so difficult to find bronzers that are suitable for my super pale skin, so I was extremely pleased to find that the Too Faced Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer (Ross & Rachel) was actually very wearable. The bronzer doesn't appear as orange or muddy on the skin, but as a subtle dash of warmth which is perfect for an all-over bronzer. The blusher also adds a lovely pop of natural pink to the cheeks, which pairs perfectly with the natural bronze.



Last year I purchased the Seventeen Skin Wow Primer and fell in love with it, so I was intrigued to try the Seventeen Skin Wow Concealer (Fair)*. The first thing I noticed was how similar it was the iconic Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat, but only a fraction of the price. I love this concealer just as much as the primer, as it's so lightweight, blends easily and doesn't crease under the eyes. It does a great job of brightening under the eyes and concealing dark circles and it also makes for a lovely subtle highlight as well.




Another Summer means another great nail polish launch from Barry M. Along with the Lolly Gloss and Coconut Infusion range, Barry M launched the Molten Metals range which contains four gorgeous, shimmery metal toned nail polishes. I have the shades Bronze Bae and Copper Mine as they drew me in straight away because I'm a sucker for gold and rose gold shades. Like all Barry M nail polishes, they glide onto the nails smoothly and easily and are opaque with one to two coats. I hope they bring out more shades for Autumn/Winter as they're so gorgeous. 

What are your Summer beauty essentials? Let me know in the comments!

Sara

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Fake tan I definitely my summer essential! I look so pale without it! The nail polishes look beautiful too - perfect for summer! Great post x
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Serozinc, it's my new favourite toner! Also, those nail polishes are such pretty shades x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top